The OBN Awards 2017, now in their 9th year, celebrate innovation and outstanding achievement across the UK Life Sciences industry. Categories are broad ranging and include Biotech, Medtech, Synthetic Biology, Digital Healthcare and Investment. This year we will be launching a brand new category, Best CRO which looks to recognise the critical support services provided by Contract Research Organisations across the pharmaceutical, biotech and medtech industries.
After a successful venue move in 2016, the Awards will this year be returning to the Oxford Town Hall, an elegant and prestigious setting in central Oxford. The evening begins with a networking drinks reception, followed by dinner and the awards presentation, with plenty of time afterwards for celebrating and catching up with friends and colleagues from across the industry.
We are delighted to have our esteemed panel of judges evaluating the nominations we receive. Judges include:
- Dara Henry – Director, Immunology Innovation Fund – GSK
- Bryan Morton – Executive Chair – EUSA Pharma & VH2
- Sue Charles – Managing Partner – Instinctif Partners
- Andrew McLean – Lead Life Sciences Investor – Oxford Sciences Innovation
- Ewa Truchanowicz – Business Engagement Manager – The BioHub Birmingham
- Alan O’Connell – Partner – Seroba Life Sciences
- John Chaddock – Vice President – Neurology, Site Head – Ipsen
- Bill Fleming – CFO – Oxitec
- Caroline Barelle – CFO – Elasmogen
- Anton Hutter – Partner & Patent Attorney – Venner Shipley
- Etienne Vervaecke – General Manager – Eurasante
- Carolyn Porter – Deputy Head of Technology Transfer – OUI
The Awards are always a sell-out, so if you are interested in sponsoring, booking a table or ticket or would like to enter one of the categories, then please see the relevant page of this website or email us for more information.